Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Turning the performance

Once in a while the opportunity arises to perform the thing for which you have been formally trained to do, the craft which you have worked so hard to perfect.  Not that it is appreciated; it is just an opportunity to perform it.  I have often wondered what it would feel like to do this.



It comes so naturally that it doesn't feel like work.  Your mind feels so totally at ease that the manipulations required to perform the task are automatic.  There's a lot of energy in doing it.  It's not tiring, but synergetic.  Had I been able to make a job out of doing this for most of my life, I think I would have had a whole different outlook on life.  The only thing left is to turn performance into something people have to have and can't live without.  That would be the apex of reward for two reasons: people would appreciate the performance and my life would have buoyancy.

No comments: