Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Mellow moments

Outside, a true rain event is going on.  It rained off and on from about noon to six, but since then, it has rained softly for about 5 straight hours.  The clouds have decided to stay and according to radar and weather conditions, it should be raining softly for the next 8 hours.

Around noon tomorrow the skies should start to clear.  But I love to sit and listen to the tapping and thudding on the windows of the house.  I love to smell the fresh air blowing gently, hear the distant thunder echoing, and watch the lightning flash brilliantly.  The sound and flashing allows me to think, reflect, and consider in the mellow atmosphere.  I am so totally relaxed.

These are some of my favorite moments, so naturally, I can slip in and out of visions of my favorite moments in time with the idea that those moments will recur even if that happens in momentary, dreamlike, imaginative bubbles of thought.

I should be so fortunate as to be stuck in moments of contentment.

No comments: