Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Enjoying a half hour


Oh yes, the rain arrived today.  And, it arrived at the time of day the forecaster said it would arrive.  I sat on my covered patio to soak in the sensory experience.  The occasional rumble enhanced the experience of hearing the rain come down hard on the grass, the fence, the roof, and the sides of the house.  The fringe of the patio on three sides became wet a little at a time, and I felt the mist when the rain gusted.  The refreshing aroma energized me and calmed me.  I enjoyed the half hour or so I was able to sit and take in the tranquility of these beautiful moments.  I had to leave my patio for work even though the rain continued falling without me.

And this literal half hour reminded so much of the figurative half hour of a time not so long ago that refreshed my life.  And while I know that I can't revisit that time, I know repetition can and often does happen.  In my literal world, next weekend is predicted to bring the same rainy experience.  Oh, for such a prediction in my figurative world... trusting it will.

No comments: