Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

A nice switch

The aunt that always gave me the impetus to be free-minded and to seek answers from some rather unorthodox places came to town last Thursday.  I was able to visit with her for a number of hours on Saturday.  She's 90 and still very alert although her health is beginning to fail.  I told her I credited her with teaching me to seek fo higher levels than what appears on the surface.

We talked of many subjects.  Some of the conversation was about the family past, hers, mine, and ours.  She always had clarity about how life seemed to go for her.  I have loved the wisdom she has exuded over the years.

It was fitting that I should get to follow a day in paradise with a day to remind myself of where I started.  There has been a certain calmness in my soul this weekend... a real switch from the restlessness of late.

No comments: