Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I learned to dance

Geoffrey Chaucer is best known for his Canterbury Tales, but without him, we might not have the Valentine's Day as it is celebrated today.  It all began with a poem he wrote sometime in the 1380s, The Parlement of Foules, wherein he speaks of a time of the year (Valentine's Day) when birds would choose their mates.  It became a symbolic time of year for love after this point.  Thank you Geoffrey Chaucer.

So, at this time of the year, I want to say thank you to the one who taught me to dance at the risk of breaking my heart, who woke me from a dream to take a chance, who allowed my soul to escape certain death to live so freely.  I know for sure that love is not only for the lucky and the strong, but that the seed far below the winter's snow, becomes a rose with the sun's warmth.  I thank you a million times over!!!




No comments: