Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

To days of pizzazz

Today was one of those mundane working days.  Nothing outstanding happened.  Nothing tragic happened.  Nothing happened to make it a particularly satisfying day or a rather sour, dull day.  The day just happened.  Everyone did exactly what they were supposed to do, and the day went without a hitch.


There was a time when every morning and evening the day didn't just happen. It happened with pizzazz.  I would hear laughter, I would see the day's bright scenes with full enjoyment of them, and drink in smiles and words of encouragement and great contentment.  I hold those days in the highest place in my life.

But, today was mundane as have been the 450 days before them.  It's ok for the moment, I suppose.  Things get done.  Money gets made.  Children and grandchildren continue to grow and mature.  Life happens.  But, my memory serves me that there have been days of glory.

No comments: