Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The most beautiful word in the universe


"Yes" is a beautiful word.  I like hearing it.  It means that all is well, that progress is being made, that I get to realize something I worked hard for. Sometimes it means that I have been accepted or that I will get to experience the pleasurable side of life.  "No," of course, means everything that "Yes" doesn't.  I loathe hearing the two-letter word.  It has stopped me in my tracks too many times.

I have heard the word "Yes" a number of times in my life, when I met a goal, or when work smiled on me and I got to add to my load or receive the next level of work.  On the other hand, I have heard the word "No" quite a bit of the time.  The work I enjoyed so much came to a screeching halt, when a devious superior influenced a person in charge to tell me "No."  The dream I pursued once never happened because someone who held my future was swayed by another to tell me "No."  What I wanted to have as my life's work received a resounding "No!" The night I cried out for the life of my child, the answer, "No" was even louder.  The one change I wanted to make in my life a few years back depended on hearing "Yes."  Instead, "Yes" was not forthcoming at that time.

"No" is not the stuff of dreams. It thwarts, deters, reroutes, frustrates, and halts goals, hard work, pleas, reasoning, and dreams.

"Yes," however, is a beautiful word.  I love to move forward, to realize dreams and ambitions, to enjoy the fruit of my labor, and especially to make changes.  I listen for the word "Yes" even now.  I'm ready.

No comments: