Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2014

Ruminating on a dream


Dreams, to me, represent fragments of information that are jumbled in the mind, information containing unresolved issues from different sources. The mind jumbles them into scenarios for me to mull. Dreaming is a way for the mind to nudge a person to resolve what has gone untended.

So, I contemplate my dreams when I remember them. Thinking through the dream helps me resolve the issue in my conscious life.  A couple of days ago, I had a dream that happened in a house which I had seen in previous dreams. The house was in a different place this time, a different street and town, but it was the same house.  The layout of the rooms was familiar, the way I explored the house's three stories was the same, but the 4 people in the dream were different from times past.

The dream ended with me being drugged so that I was sluggish and couldn't find the person and things I needed to find. Truly I have wanted to act on a desire I have had for a while now, but have found myself "drugged" from acting on it. Of the 4 people that were in the dream, only one was a person I knew, and he was someone I don't really care for. He is a very judgmental person, distant, and always rude in one form or another. Near the end of the dream two people spirited me away from the house. I think it shows that life as I desire it isn't happening.

I suppose the house represents my current world. Every time it appears in a dream I am exploring it, running all over it.  This time, though, the back yard began filling up with water. When I went to the neighbor's house for help, I saw that his yard was underwater too. That was when I was spirited away in a car. I very soon afterward showed up again drugged. As I was leaving the car, I woke up.  (I felt very groggy when I got up, I might add.)

I plan to make "exploring this house in a different place" a much more pleasant experience. Nothing will be underwater when I am through. I will have my wits fully functional. And my greatest desire will be closer to being accomplished rather than lost and distant.



No comments: