Search This Blog

Saturday, August 02, 2014

Time for transparent communication


Tonight the moon was shining brightly at about 9 PM about 1/3 of the way on its decline to the horizon. No, it wasn't a full moon, only a crescent moon.  But it's hard to see a crescent moon without seeing the Earth's shadow covering about 3/4 of the moon's surface and the sun's light reflecting brightly from the 1/4 for me to notice from Earth. I can still see some of the moon's features that aren't covered.

As beautiful as that is, and as much as that leaves me in awe, it makes my mind wander to what must be on the dark, cold side of the moon. I know it is merely more of the same. But what about those rumors of alien encampments there? True or not true? It's intriguing to think about, but pictures of such bases look like doctored photos. It does allow me to think of possibilities, though. What if the rumors contained truth? That would change a few things I think. Suddenly, Star Trek is not myth and fiction. It's an interesting, even though fleeting, thought.

If they are there, I would love to be a part of the team communicating with them. I'm not sure they use language like we use it. If it's a form of telepathic communication, I want to see that in action. What a beautifully transparent method of "talking,"  which leads me to want to know about their culture. How would people work together with such transparent thought play?

We're not there yet. Someday,yes. All I have to say is "Bring it!" It's time for us humans to make a quantum leap.

No comments: