Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Interpreting country-speak

I have heard people say again and again, that Life doesn’t give us what we can’t handle.  I think that is country-people-speak for try harder to make lemonade out of lemons.  I don’t really think the saying is true on its face.  Life is very unpredictable and really can’t be controlled completely. 

I usually settle for little pockets of peace from the onslaught of the turn of events.  Sometimes in those pockets of controllable moments, Life seems so good, or at least as good as I am able to make my environment pleasant.  But, then, things happen that I have to react to.  That’s when I usually lose all aplomb and react in a way that shows I am not happy with the situation.  I usually stay in that state until something changes.


Most of the time, it’s not that I can’t handle the situation, it’s that I don’t like what is happening and it takes a while to work out of the situation.  I have to try to change the events back into something pleasant.  So, I have come to understand life’s events as those that are pleasant or unpleasant.  That way I can categorize my reactions to life as something I either want to change or not.  That’s a simplified view, but for me – it’s good enough to allow me to live a little.

No comments: