Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Image - a bit changed these days

Watching CSI: Cyber makes one soberingly aware of how transparent a life we really live.  In many ways I like the transparency.  People in the past have always had the choice to live a transparent life or not.  Most people opted to have a transparent life to an extent.  They had a public image and a private life.

While that is still true, the extent of a private life is smaller these days.  But, that's a good thing.  The parts that are truly private stays with the individuals involved to keep the information private.  But, things like debit card purchases, withdrawals, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Dig, Flikr entries (which include tracking status to places of post entries, pictures, and checkins, breadcrumbs for websites visited, files stored on hard drives or any other kind of external drives, including the cloud, type of music listened to, and many other things are traceable now, if someone wants to actually know your information.  Public image is now a different matter.


Of c ourse, police detectives are not the people you love.  They may look at situations a little differently than I do.  For them, they want you to know that they can see for miles and miles.  They want you to know that they can choke you from afar if you are trying to deceive them.  Their theme song works well.

It's all good.  The people I love sometimes need to know information.  Sometimes I want the people I love to know information even if they are not asking.  I tell them I have nothing to hide.  They can trace me if they want.  Or they can ask me if they want.  I'll tell them.  The information in the two places is the same.  They don't have to see for miles and miles.  Simple as that.

No comments: