Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2015

Fault zones

One of the great reasons that earthquakes occur is that the Earth has faults in it.  When the stress becomes too great at the fault zone, quakes happen.  Some are minor quakes, but larger ones occur on a regular basis.  It's just a fact.  Where there are faults, stress causes quakes.


One of the great reasons in life that people radically change is that people are made with faults.  When the stress becomes great in the places where people's faults lie, change happens.  Sometimes, the changes are minor, but radical changes happen too.  It's just a fact.  Where there are faults, stress changes people.

Rather recently, I learned from my mother that she had one regret in life.  She had asked my dad to quit doing the job he most loved to do.  He was never the same after that.  As I pieced together the events that took my dad's life, I was able to see what had happened more easily after hearing my mother's news.  He had returned to college to get further training so that he could change careers.  Then he changed, but he worked part time at the job he loved.  Eventually, he had a heart attack.  Although he recovered, he changed some in his personality and in his stamina.  He had a series of TIAs over the next 15 years that caused mild cognitive dementia to set in.  It cost him probably 10 years of his life and certainly limited his quality of life in his last 3 years.


It's not only in health that people change, though.  It's in values and beliefs too.  I have learned I need to take notice of the fault zones I have.  If I'm not careful, they'll show stress lines.  I really don't need an earthquake to occur.

No comments: