Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2015

Level of craft

Competence takes a long time to develop.  It usually is crafted after many times of developing this part or that.  It is born of fire.  It becomes talent when the level of competence is wholly manipulated.


I find that many people opt out to early when trying to develop their crafts.  They plateau at a lower level because of trade-offs they make in life.  Some people try very hard to work only 6-8 hours a day, not longer.  Some people decide not to continue their training or their education.  They are satisfied with a particular level and call it done.  And still others follow their mini-ambitions.  They follow a path of desire, but bail out when things turn bad for them.

Competence at its highest level is a thing of splendor to see whether it is financial, knowledge, service, or art.  I made some trade-offs in life in order to reach a level a little higher than what I had originally considered coming out of high school.  I wanted people to see my craft and see how a thing can be manipulated easily.  I wanted them to see me and have total trust in what I had to offer.

I don't think I have achieved that level from my enemies.  But, some people trust my work.  Others respect it.  I do wish my enemies would have the same level of trust and respect, but that is something that I have left to accomplish.  If I die today, I am satisfied.  If I die tomorrow, I have something yet to achieve.  I like it like that.  It keeps me honest and on my toes.  It keeps me in good company and keeps me living in the current world.  It mainly lets me die peacefully when that time unexpectedly occurs.

No comments: