Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Jump right in



I have learned both in classes and in experience that for every collapse of some business, there is a golden opportunity waiting in the wings for someone to discover what it is and turn a golden opportunity into gold.

I have just encountered such conditions.  A particular business that had been operating for a decade or so has collapsed through gross mismanagement.  The golden opportunity hasn't appeared yet, but it is there waiting to be discovered. 

It always takes time to develop something, but the currency at this point is ideas.  That's my longsuit.  The second part, negotiating the deal, I'm not quite as efficient in, but it is the last part, turning the idea into a lucrative business, that I don't do well in at all.  I am hoping this turns out different.   But, I have to try it.  It's entrepreneurship 101.  Get in on a groundfloor opportunity, build it, reap the benefits.  I will be working diligently this time to make it as easy as entrepreneurship 101 makes it sound.

No comments: