Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Card Hands

Playing the cards that are dealt is tricky at best. In a real card game, a person has to know well the players he is playing against in order to win very many rounds. Playing the cards life deals is tricky too. I don't know how many rounds there are in life, but one does have to study the different environments he is in in order to win very many rounds. Now, what winning means to a person is an altogether different matter. But even if it only means walking away from a round satisfied (for whatever reason), then still playing the cards is tricky. Our self-images are tied up in winning and losing the rounds we play. Sometimes, even, just playing the round instead of folding is monumental and laudable. Well, enough said. I have to get back to my card game. I'd tell you what I'm holding, but I don't want to tip my hand. Bluffing is part of the self-image after all.

No comments: