Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Designs

Someone challenged me tonight to think of something that happened to me that wasn't random. I do believe in the randomness of many of people's activities; my friend doesn't. He thinks everything has a purpose. We can disagree and still be friends. That's a beauty all its own. But, I also believe that not everything is random. So, I was split-second quick to recount a recent event that happened to me with crystal clear certainty that it was not a random event; it was an event that without doubt had the stamp of the Designer on it. I am thankful that the design is in place in my memory. From time to time, I see the indelible print of the Designer, but many times and for many years I have probably missed out on design. Well, I don't know if I did or not. Some designs I see are seen by mature eyes which take years to develop. Other designs are ones that just were not on the road I was traveling at the time, so they weren't available for my eyes to see. Some designs are dictated by experience, so whenever it is in life that you get that experience, you see the design. Anyway, I am suddenly grateful for the designs I get to see in life and look forward to seeing as many as I can from here on out.

No comments: