Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Giving Candy

Giving encouragement to people is much like giving candy to kids. Some show that they needed or appreciated it while others show no emotion at all and say nothing in return. But giving encouragement falls into the bigger category of just giving. Since giving reflects the giver's willingness to connect to a higher, nobler cause, how a person receives the "candy" doesn't matter. The receiver is under a different set of expectations than the giver. It's not the giver's problem. Now that I have thought through this for the hundredth time and come up with the same answer, I just need to get more candy to give and give away.

2 comments:

MyFathersSon said...

I have been watching your site for a while. Dad recommended it to me when we were in Abilene earlier this year. It is good to see that you are back at recording your thoughts. I know Dad thinks very highly of your ability extract meaning out of life.
Keep allowing the Creator to use you to share some of the meaning of life.

Denver

Dwordman said...

Thank you for reading the blog. You are a bright young man yourself and have something to say in your own blog. My prayer for you is always for your stamina to follow the path home. And your dad has certainly given you a good model in finding that path. I wish you well