Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Champions


Ranch Road 1431 winds around across 2 counties. A lot of roads do that, but this one is a memorable one. I have a place in the middle of one county off of road 1431 and near the opposite end of the other county is a special camp. Coming across the two counties I pass three camps, The Retreat, nearest my place, Camp Peniel, and Camp Champion. Tonight as I passed the three camps only one took my thoughts to deeper thinking... Camp Champion!

I know a young man who is just about a year and a half from getting to go to the camp. I know he's excited to get there. I'm sure he'll return for a number of years once he starts. And I look forward to the time when he starts because I know what will happen to him once he goes. I know this because I know another product of Camp Champion. That person is of the noblest ilk, sits atop every endeavor attempted, rides head and shoulders above anyone I've known in the academic world, and amazes everyone as a parent.

The young man is already a champion at all he does, so I can only imagine what his future holds. I'm a betting man, and I'm putting my chips on this young man already! It's not much of a bet. The other person I know who is a product of the camp, I would bet on any day, any second of the day, any year... any time.

No comments: