Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Fudge


The outrage from the Casey Anthony verdict derives from the fact that people thought she was lying about the murder and that she waited too long to report the missing daughter to the police. On this second matter, I hope that there never is a law about time periods for reporting things to the police. That would mean I am living in a police state. That would be a travesty. Of course, we're close enough to one already that I refer to the US as a police state from time to time. On the first matter, I find myself loving the jury. Who among us doesn't lie?

I'm no better. I have 2 friends that I am completely transparent with. I know that lack of transparency is not the same as lying by most definitions, but for these 2 people it is for me. I was talking with one of the two the other day and I made the statement that my work was less than desirable after a certain event. Although that statement is true, it was not transparent enough because it was an understatement, and I didn't present it as such. I should have presented my outlook with the strength it deserved. My whole life has had a hole in it after that event. That's a whole lot different from saying my work wasn't enjoyable. I fudged the truth. Fortunately, I didn't have a jury sitting in, watching what I was doing, deeming me guilty or not. But I know that I didn't tell the truth, that is, I know I was not transparent.

Filtering thought is what we do best to preserve our images. But, I have 2 people that know my true, unfiltered image. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to "unfudge" the truth.

No comments: