Search This Blog

Thursday, August 04, 2011

A wrestling scene


Hello Darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again


I have played this song so many times since it came out on the radio that I can't count them. Through the years I have had a number of moments in which I have had running conversations in my head, sometimes out loud, about a circumstance I have found myself in. Sometimes, I am angry, sometimes discouraged, sometimes befuddled. So again tonight... Hello darkness, my old friend...

Because a vision softly creeping
Left its scenes while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains within the sound of silence.


The vision is usually of the circumstance that has happened. It always makes me restless. Many times, it disrupts my sleep. I have to wrestle with it to get resolution. The scenes I wrestle with usually recur over several days while I fight with it. And the whole battle is inside my head - within the sound of slience.

In restless streets I walked alone
Narrow streets of Cobblestone...


I don't know that I ever reconcile in my mind the reaction I have had to the circumstance with the thoughts that finally allow me to walk away from it. I just have to return to life putting one foot in front of the other.

But it's always true that

Silence like a cancer grows...

Sooner or later, I guess, I'll get the big picture. I think I have it. Time will tell. But it's time that gets my mind to thinking of all the possible scenarios. One of the scenarios will contain the truth. And I'm not always better because the truth comes out. But, at least I know the truth, and it helps in not making mistakes that cost me emotionally.

No comments: