Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Early week symmetry

My brother's wife's mother died over the weekend, so I flew to Dallas to the funeral.  On the way to the airport from my town, however, I drove by a place that represents what is sacred to me.  It's a little known place very near the airport, and passing by it always takes me to my mind's innermost sanctum because something beautiful and meaningful hallowed the ground there.

I think of this place, not just now and then, but often.  And, coming back into town from Dallas today I passed this place again. 

I closed my eyes... to see the happening and the three faces again and to honor such an affectionate, memorable event. 

I thought the symmetry was perfect.  To help honor the events happening with my brother and his wife, I needed to honor the beauty and truth of my own event both before traveling to Dallas and after.

I opened my eyes, looked in the direction where the sun sets, and said aloud, "I am eternally grateful!"

No comments: