Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Words and their derivation

It's a proverb in our language that actions speak louder than words.  Maybe.  But, I know it to be true that actions can be or "say" one thing and words, coming from the treasure of the heart, can say something different.  That allows someone to do one thing, but think something totally different from the axiomatic loudness of the actions.

Masks can be put on either words or actions, I realize.  But, if one wants to judge between the two, (s)he should go with the words.  I do not find it more often true that  actions speak louder.  A person's heart shows up in words.

Actions matching words, now, are a different animal because they make a strong statement.  Absent that, however, I would want someone to know where my heart is.  They would find that in my words.

No comments: