Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sentiments for deep sleep

I really, really like the group Sugarland because they blend their voices so well, and their choice of songs to sing are on the themes I identify with.  So I was listening to the CMA awards tonight and heard them sing with Matt Nathanson the song Run.   Love that song for several reasons, but two reasons above all others.

My son used to play the drums for a band.  He was very, very good at them.  In particular, he would play songs using the toms.  The song Run highlights both bass guitar and tom drums all the way through the song.  That sound is so pleasing, and it reminds me of my son's ability on the drums.  For that reason alone I could listen to the song all night long.

The song has tremendous words to it, among them, "When you're beside me, I am so much more," a theme of several of my blogs.  The words occur in the middle of the song, the bridge between the chorus and the verses.  Although subtly placed, the words are not subliminal, but significant.  They speak volumes because I know the person I am when I stand alone.

So, tonight I sleep, savoring two of the closest sentiments of my heart.  It will be a deep 5 hours of sleep before rising again.

No comments: