Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Over and over

This is the season for giving gifts.  I have given my fair share over the years.  I have given to people I love like my children and to people I have not known because they could not afford the gifts.  I have given when it was anticipated and unanticipated.  I have given presents that caused surprise and given presents that were deliberated upon ahead of time.  But, the gift I enjoyed giving the most was one not expected.  I knew one of the person's favorite stores and searched that store for just the right gift, going four times before deciding.  I flew halfway across the U.S. with the gift, at one point being searched by airport security because the glass in it contained lead.  But it was pure pleasure to give that gift.  So, when people speak of gift-giving during this season, I remember most the one that gave me the greatest pleasure, and I still smile just thinking about it, wishing I could give that gift over and over.

No comments: