Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Night dances

My daughter told me about a dream she had.  It was not one she liked, and it stuck in her mind for about a day.  After she told me what she dreamed, I understood why she dreamed it.  Our minds take our conscious thoughts from the day and randomizes them into possible scenarios no matter how crazy.  Her dream was one of the implausible scenarios that had come from jumbled plausible threads.

Dreams are like that.  They can go the other way too.  They can take thoughts of scenarios from real life that didn't work out so well, randomize them, and get them to work out in our dreams.  I'm sure we smile during such episodes.  Dreams can mix present and past, make up settings for real people or put unlikely people in real settings.  They can play out the possibilities for us, so that we don't have to be timid in real life because we have seen it eerily before in our dreams, which makes us stronger in the real world.

What does our will have to do with them?  Can we drive our dreams to certain outcomes?  Do they represent what we wish would happen, really?  Yes to all.  It's still our minds.  Alien thoughts don't come into play.  Real thoughts from real scenes play out according to the way we want them or allow them to be randomized.

I had this dream last night...  I felt a smile on my face this morning...  I'm hoping for a repeat tonight...  same time, same place...  what are the chances, right?

No comments: