Search This Blog

Monday, July 15, 2013

Saturate me

Rain symbolizes to me very good things.  I know there is the saying, "Into every life some rain must fall."  But rain doesn't represent sorrow or difficulty to me.  I associate rain with events that refresh me, that rejuvenate my inner spirit, and that invigorate my tired body.  Rain brings the idea I will get to see something that I haven't seen before, that broadens my horizons, or that allows me to bring close what has been in the distance.  Rain brings hope, vibrance, and sweet aroma.

Tonight marks 48 hours of a constant, soft, beautiful, vibrant, and fresh-smelling rain.  Everything is not just wet, but saturated.  I will close my eyes shortly and hear the thousands of little splashes against the window and deck and ceiling of my house.  I revel in it.  My eyes will close, my mind will bring forward my most special and sacred scenes of the one who is associated with every property of rain I have mentioned.  My heart will revive as I nod off because of the life this one gives me.  Like rain, This One gives me hope, vibrance, and a sweet aroma. And I will most happily let those thoughts do what rain does best... saturate me.

No comments: