Search This Blog

Friday, December 26, 2014

Blooming from frozen water


She said, "I've tried everything.  I got my father's genes.  He never could do anything smart either."

She said, " I went to my children's teachers when they were in junior high.  They referred me to the special ed teacher who taught me how to spell a few things in the sand, but I never could get it."

She said, "I quit school in the 8th grade.  I've just forgotten everything.  I don't think I learned it in the first place.  I just couldn't get it."

She said, "I went to the college here to see if they could help me.  They wanted to give me a test, but I didn't have the money for it."

These four statements represent a lady who is raising two children, raising a third who is not her own, has survived a terribly abusive marriage lasting 8 years. an abusive father to her and her mother, has lived in two different countries, and who has doggedly sought to better herself so that people will think well of her.

I have emotional aches for this lady.  I ache for the embarrassment she has suffered at the hand of those who should have been able to help her.  I ache for her past that disallowed a more robust understanding of life.  And I ache for the thousands of thoughts that capped her esteem and mitigated the truth of her "intellect."

Over the last 8 weeks this lady has reoriented her thinking, unmitigated what was mitigated, uncapped what has been capped, allowed what has heretofore been disallowed.  Embarrassment is coming to an end.  It's a beautiful thing to see.

The very idea that intelligence can be  measured, categorized, and dealt with in "special" ways is insidious, ludicrous, unscientific, capricious, and deceptive.  It is on the same path that the Spanish Inquisition was on in trying to kill those who knew the science of a heliocentric universe.  People died from believing the Earth was not flat nor the center of the universe.  I  am thrilled this lady has been saved from the grips of "intelligence."

No more.  She believes in herself now.  She sees new horizons now.  She is proud of her talents now.  She enjoys the effect of more robust thinking now.  2015 has at least one enlightened soul who will blossom to a new life.


I say, "Go and flourish. Show the world what you can do and who you are."

No comments: