Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2015

Tomorrow - it's raining now

This time of night sounds stand out.  I hear the slight but uneven strike of rain against the window and deck of the back yard.  I don't know why rain is so refreshing and cleansing to me.  I think it is partly due to the illusion that time has stopped or slowed and I have time to think about things more clearly.  Perhaps it is partly due to the aroma that fills the air as it is raining and the pure air smell immediately following the rain, as if the world is ready to accept me now or as if I can start again with no strikes against me.

Tomorrow I will face the same problems that have presented themselves today, but for now those are suspended.  It's raining. Softly.  I'm thinking pleasant thoughts, seeing sacred memory screenshots in my mind's eye.  I have been washed.  Clean again.  I'll get dirty again tomorrow.  It's time for rest now.

No comments: