Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2015

One would think...

This is why communication is so hard.

Me: Thanks for the birthday wish.  I feel the heat from it coming from your place. (My cousin lives in Arizona) [I'm thinking of temperatures between 112 and 121.]

Cuz: It's not as hot as you think.  I don't live in the Phoenix area where they get hot temperatures. It's about 20 degrees cooler here. [She's thinking between 85 and 90 degrees.]

Me: 118-20=98.  Even so, that's still hot. [I'm thinking upper 90s and low triple digits. I'm thinking her next remark will be to say OK, you're right.]

Cuz: OK. Maybe 30 degrees cooler. [118-30=88.]

I have been talking to other people for several decades now, and it seems like communication has never become easier.  One would think...



No comments: