Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Lifesongs

Music has been with us a long time. However, it still does everything musicians say it does. It reaches into the depths of the inner soul. We have those songs we listen to so that our inner souls can receive daily refreshment. A ritual a friend of mine and I have once a year is to share songs on a trip. We've been doing it for years. Always, the songs from the trip last until the following year's trip. Then we get a fresh batch of songs and artists. When I need a little time alone or in preparation for a moment of truth with the creator or with someone else, the wise thing for me is to listen to several minutes of songs that have taught me about living and life. I don't know if it is true for everyone, but I know you can chart my character and value system through the songs I've chosen to refresh my inner soul throughout my whole life.

No comments: