Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2004

Overhang

I am about to go into a setting that to me is the same as being led to the edge of a bluff that overlooks hell. I can feel the heat from the flames. I can smell the stench of the burning bodies. I have to stand on the edge and feel the furnace. This is not a pleasant experience. It is an experience that requires me to stand on the edge of the bluff so that I know what the good life is when I return to it. I find that sometimes my clothing carries the smell from the flow of air that rushes over the edge from the pit when I walk away from the edge or that my face is redder from feeling the heat that radiates from the pit. In due time I will return to normal. I appreciate the path I am familiar with walking a whole lot more after returning from the edge

No comments: