Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Risk

About 20 years ago, I played a game on a regular basis called Risk. As in many games, the option was to try to do well by risking some, none, or a lot. I have found that I have used the same strategy in the different stages of my life. At times, I have risked quite a bit. At other times, I have risked nothing. At still other times, I have risked a little. One strategy is not a sure fire win over the others because one has to look at the other players in the environment. I think the same is true about my spiritual life, too. At times I have risked quite a bit, other times nothing, and sometimes a little. The same is true about those in the environment controlling which strategy is used at any given time. 20 years ago, I probably won 50-60% of the time. The same is probably in true in both life in general and my spiritual life. One would think I have figured the key out by this time. Not true. The players keep changing. Even the same players keep changing. But this keeps the path Home vibrant and full of hope.

No comments: