Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Not breaking faith

Sometimes my sleep is disturbed with waking hours. This happens rarely. But, when it happens, I nearly always know that God is asking me to do something for him. I usually begin by praying, and if that is not what I find that He wants, then I read, thinking that my eyes will read what is needed for me to act upon.

Well, that happened the other night. The reading part is what God led me to. Prayer was not what God was asking for. But my reading was about apocalyptic literature. And not about Bible apocalypses, but the pseudapigraphical ones. Of course, apocalypses were written in times of oppression to let the believers know that if they did not lose faith, God would act.

At my workplace, oppression of the sort that pits good against evil is running rampant. So, God wanted me to just let my immediate supervisor know that God would act if she would just keep faith that He would act. She's a little impatient. But, God will do the acting because he hates evil more than we humans do. And when He acts... just reference the Elijah vs. Prophets of Baal story. Vintage God.

No comments: