Search This Blog

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Empty sounds

From time to time people tell me that those whose actions have been an impediment to progress have changed and have said that they want to work with the one they have been causing grief to. My first reaction is that their words are deceptive. Words have to have accompanying actions. Otherwise, they are empty sounds in the wind. While it is true that words can be a precursor to good actions, it is usually true that words are mere vapors that dissipate before actions can be put in place. That's why we have the expression in English, "Words are cheap." So when an enemy has a change of heart based on his words, I just laugh. I'll believe it when I see it. Hit me up in a month and tell me the same thing. I'll check the book of actions and see if the words are true.

No comments: