Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Riveting drama

I guess the thing that I most liked about this weekend was a TV show from My Great Big Obnoxious Fiance. It is supposed to be hilarious for viewers to see how people aren't nearly as committed to making money as they think they are. However, in this episode, the show met its match. The family picked was one that every American family ideally desires. A family that stuck together even in the face of great difficulty. The action of the show was riveting because normal people, not actors, provided the drama of every day life. I think I liked it because, under conditions of great duress, a family did not split apart. It cracked in several places, but it did not come apart. It was a work of beauty. My wish is just that for every family tonight. I know people are working hard so that splits in the fabric do not unravel. I know immense pressure is brought to bear on families. But, my wish is for those families to stand firm tonight.

No comments: