Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Viva Bill!

Recently I heard from a man who is 76. I called him. He is half Indian and half white. But he is pretty proud of his Indian heritage. He cares a lot about those on the reservations because he sees it as the main reason for the demise of his people, that and alcohol. So, he is busy contacting chiefs, 4 of which he has had some success, in order to tell them of the message of the Great Teacher. At 76! Now that's impressive. Also at age 76 this is his second year to be learning Biblical Hebrew. Power to him. He is still trying to get at the heart of the message. That's commendable. I can only wish to be as active as he is when I reach his age. He's raised 5 children and still is able to help give money to his grandchildren's college funds. I can only wish to be so generous at his age. In an age when we all need models, I certainly adopt this man as one of mine. Viva Bill!

No comments: