Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A freed person


I recently heard that someone who has known me for 35 years said that she saw how my son's loss has left me broken. Well, there's no doubt that I was stunned, thrown off course, and otherwise disoriented for about a year. But, from that time on, I really think that I have learned to shed the things from the past that don't count for anything and have moved into exciting arenas of life.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm singing a new hallelujah. I have learned what is really important. I have learned where game playing is taking place. I don't have time for game playing anymore. Majoring in majors is the only way to go. Perhaps the comment was made because what this person thinks I should be doing now is what I was doing before my son's loss. That shows a lack of understanding. Staring death in the face is very liberating. I am no longer bound by striving for false values. I don't have time for those. Much of what I was doing before didn't really get me anywhere in life.

Now the blessing is clearer vision. What anyone sees in me now is not a broken person, but a much freer person, I'm glad to report.

No comments: