Search This Blog

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Qs about life


I think this year I would like to blog about the idea of life. Last year I studied and blogged about drinking water that knocks out thirst and learned a lot. This year I think I will see what the expressions of the Teacher are about life. I know where to find them and have covered them before, but studying with an aim in mind sometimes uncovers some nuggets of refreshment for the soul.

I don't know the best place to start, so I'll just start in the middle of things when Jesus said that he was the the way, truth, and life. He said it in first person, of course, "I am life." I don't think it is worth quibbling about the presence or absence of the article in front of life. Jesus = life is the basic equation either way. So, I'll just explore a little about the basic equation.

Sometimes it is implied and sometimes it isn't. Jesus is talking about the afterlife, a spiritual life that people can't see, or the apparent lifestyle a person lives. Those choices might be overlapping easily enough, or they could all be separate threads of thought. I'll just have to take time and explore. It will give me something to think about this year.

No comments: