Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Feasting tonight


"All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind.”
Kahlil Gibran

I just love the wit and wisdom of Kahlil Gibran.  I fell in love with his Eastern thought in college and have used him off and on through the years.  This quote in particular has been my mantra for a long time.  It's important to hear what people are saying.  Not only can a person find what another is saying or not saying by listening closely, one can also enjoy the sweetness of another's soul by listening to her/his feast of the mind.  I usually look for deception when listening.  But I know that listening can also bring me joy, for part of what comes from people's feasts is dessert, words of refreshment, kindness, and goodness.  So, I toast the people who have given me joy, tonight, from the feasts of their minds.  I thank you.

5 comments:

~j said...

Love that you did this: her/his...instead of...his/her...:)

Dwordman said...

I took a language and gender class and learned that I needed to be sensitive to gynecentric issues. When writing, I try to alternate the use of the personal pronouns. And I had another reason for doing it also.

~j said...

i think i like the other reason better...a less academic reason

~j said...

i am sure the reason is because u love hillary clinton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwordman said...

So true. LOL!!!

She is the icon for the quick witted, determined, ambitious, and humorous woman.