Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Energy behind sharing

     I Like this quote I dislike this quote

“Only as high as I reach can I grow, 

only as far as I seek can I go, 

only as deep as I look can I see, 

only as much as I dream can I be.”

Karen Ravn

My mother knew how to run a household.  She had 3 kids so she had to arbitrate among us once in a while.  But most of the time she knew when to press and when to let up.  And, she was always the encourager for us 3.  If we had a ball game, she was there.  If there was a contest, she was there.  If we had a bad day, she gave us a good word for the day.  If we were fearful, she had the right words to get us past our fears.  She taught us to reach high, seek, look deep, and dream.  She was the mother others wanted, but that only 3 of us had.

She would tell us about herself so that we would know about our heritage.  She would tell us of what her high school years were like, what her family routines were growing up, what her college experience had been.  Of course, we saw first-hand how she handled her own children as an adult. She continued communicating when we grew up that heritage was important.  She has made sure we siblings all have pictures of each other and our children.  She is good at keeping both old and the living stories alive.

                               

I am fortunate to have such an encouraging mother, one who believes in you no matter what.  And I am fortunate to have someone who inspires you to keep the story going, knowing that heritage is the glue between past and future.  She was, still is, a great energy that helps light the night skies of her 3 children. 

No comments: