Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Holes of enjoyment

How many times do we find ourselves at various junctures in life wondering how in the world something happened?  Life didn't ask for permission to take.  It simply took. I should have known life was like this when it took my favorite college professor, whom I was taking for the second time, in mid-semester.  I learned from this man like I had never learned anything before or after him.  But, I wasn't asked if I approved.  Life took him... He vanished. But I do some of my work in life based on what he taught me, and it gives me joy.

I look in my heart these days.  It has much for which to be thankful, no doubt.  So, in that regard my heart is full.  There are also these times when what is absent comes to the foreground.  I ponder those times and see the holes.  Life did some more taking.  So, when I look deeply into my heart, I try to see what is joyful and appreciate the fullness those times bring.  And I see the holes and fill them with the one whose essence has supplied me with much laughter, joy, and zest for life.  The holes disappear for as long as I can maintain those thoughts and give me periods of sheer enjoyment.

No comments: