Search This Blog

Monday, January 02, 2012

The character of this year

Years have different characters to them.  2010 was a year of taking three steps forward and two steps backward.  There was a net gain perhaps, but at what cost!  2011 was a year of learning to be content with what life dealt out of its hand and trying to make sense of its events.  I look at it and tell people it was all right, but there was something missing.  2012 is hidden right now. 

One of the differences this year will be that the hope I have had is swallowed by faith.  That's a game of semantics to a lot of people.  But, not to me.  Hope is about a journey with a brilliant palette of colors against the backdrop of the sky.  Faith allows me to see what has been invisible... the rainbow, for sure, but the pot of gold at its end too.  It's still about a journey, but it has a destination at some point. 

So this year, I strike out in faith.


No comments: