Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Definitely worth a try

Sometimes new years are merely extensions of the year gone by.  And at other times new year's bring with them things that are really new.  This year I have a couple of new ventures that I have never done before, never tried before, and never saw coming before now.


Experiences are supposed to build so that one leads to another and that leads to another, building block style.  But some experiences just happen as anomalies.  They don't seem to be connected or so loosely connected that the true connection is lost at first glance.  My normal experience is the former. This year, however, the latter is going to happen.

In some ways, I can see great promise.  In other ways, I can see setback.  If the ventures work, it will alter my path.  If they don't work out, it will force me back onto the old trusted path of the past.  All of my formal training will get put to the test in ways that I hope have prepared me well.  It's a little like pilots trusting their instruments when landing in fog when they can't see the runway.  I'll just have to trust my training.


I have always heard the saying that people need a little something of the new and a little something of the old in their lives.  The last two and a half years I have had a little something of the old.  So, here goes in 2015 - a little of the something new.  Bring it!

No comments: