Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Piece of cake



It was an interesting project.  I had read about this before, but had never really pursued it.  I had often wondered if it would be easy or hard.  Now I know.

Is there such a thing as deceptive advertising?  Of course, the answer depends on perspective, as do most things in life.  I heard the commercial (but not the one above from YouTube. This one is just an example of representing the possibilities) and tried to decide from that if I thought anything was deceptive.  A lot of things came to mind.  But I had to evaluate the possibilities so I had to analyze with more than the ear.

The bottom line was to defend a position on whether the commercial was deceptive or not.  I had often wondered if it would be easy or hard to defend a position about deception in a commercial.  Yep, it was a piece of cake.  And, like everything dealing with perspective and interpretation, it leaves others thinking how can you sleep at night?  Easy.  I just wash my hands after its over. On to the next thing.

No comments: