Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Constant reminding

This has been one of those days that felt like nothing was accomplished. However, as I was recounting to someone what I had done in the day, the list sounded quite productive. I get to thinking like that about my life, too. When I do take the trek down memory lane, it's not so bad and there is more productivity than I was remembering at first. I have to remember periodically that long trips start with taking the first step.

I don't know why I have to remind myself frequently that I am not a failure, that I have productive moments in life. It's certainly not attached to a poor self-esteem. It could be just a self-defense mechanism against becoming idle or lazy. Or it could come from a habit of monitoring and adjusting. It doesn't matter, I guess. I just offer to the Maker of all humanity the hours he has given me. It is He then that gives opportunities to be productive and to compound that productivity into some work of art. So be it.

No comments: