Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ebb and flow

What in life looks more like life than the ebb and flow of the ocean on a coastline? The usual tide in-tide out gets to be expected. The constant dull roar soon is not heard at all if you are on the coastline long. Sometimes the tide is higher than normal, especially when storms come. Some waves in a lifetime are tsunamis, but that is abnormal. Much gets washed ashore given enough time. Undertows are unseen, but strong nevertheless and have been known to cause death for non-swimmers.

Every line above has an equivalent in living life. Sometimes I write a blog when the tide is in and sometimes when the tide is out. Some of my blogs represent the stuff that gets washed up on the shoreline and sometimes it represents the dull roar that people forget to hear. Certainly the storms and tsunamis are recordable events. Hopefully, I won't drown in the undertow, but occasionally I do have to fight against it as it drags against me pulling me somewhat out to sea.

I'd say at the moment I see clouds on the horizon. At least it is just rain that's coming. Maybe it will hit as the tide comes in so that it won't be so dangerous. I'm waiting for the sunshine at high tide to bask in the sunlight and splash along the beach. Life's a beach and then you die.

No comments: