Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beach-marked thoughts


It's hard to say goodbye to the beach. It's captivating and makes me think of the million reasons to stay longer or to figure out how to buy real estate there. I usually go looking for at least one house or condo to purchase, it is so inviting. But, eventually reason wins out and I pack the car to leave the sand that has been my second home and pleasure. I buy a postcard in the lobby of the hotel, or I take my last-minute 10 more pictures. I review the last 25 pictures I've taken and look back at the beach, desperately wanting to break away for one last walk on the beach, but knowing I did that an hour ago and really can't go back. I have flashes of all the great places I ate, souveneir shops I bought stuff from, all the ticket stubs that I shoved into the zip pocket on the outside of the suitcase for memory's sake, and the parasailing or surfing that marked my memory.

I love the beach. I love the memories of the beach. I love anticipations of next trips to the beach. I love the beach through the eyes of others. It's fascinating and rejuvenating, alluring and inspiring, mesmerizing and vibrant... And I love the people that are beaches in my life.

No comments: