Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fabric analysis


I have followed all the Science channel specials for the past 10 years on the shroud of Turin. It is always interesting how much scientists can find out about the shroud. Over the years they have analyzed the the blood spots to ensure that the spots are real blood. They have analyzed the pattern of the weave to make sure that the pattern is from the right time period. They have sampled the thread to match against the type of plant it was from so that they can rest assured that it came from Palestine. They have taken the microscopic particles of pollen traces and other types of particles to see that what was in the air could have been from the Jerusalem area. It all pans out.

I analyze my own shroud fairly often. I contemplate the causes of certain activities or events that have caused me to react certain ways. I reflect on words I could have said that might have yielded different outcomes. I track my career moves to satisfy myself that I have done everything possible to get to the point at which I am now. I notice the people I have surrounded myself with to ensure that my life is going the right direction and that I can rely on their strengths when my weaknesses surface.

The fabric of my life... my memories, emotions near to my heart, my state of mind... all come together in providing my wholeness and well being. Others scrutinize the fibers of my shroud, too. They usually say that they see something authentic, like the shroud. They can't be expected to see that my greatest hope is not fully present in the fabric. The seeds in the core of that hope have truly, indelibly become a part of my fabric already. What remains is absolutely, without any doubt, unashamedly worth every micro-second of the wait!!!

No comments: