Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dance of the wise


Proverbs in society sometimes offer conflicting advice with their wisdom. For example, the following two proverbs seem to assert opposite claims.
Good things come to those who wait.
and
If you stand still, life will pass you by.

I suppose a person could justify that both adages bring with them great wisdom and a wise person would know when to act on the two bits of sophistry. They do appear contradictory, however. So, I just need to say that I don't know which is true, and it is often not apparent which of the pearls of wisdom to live by or act upon. I have one goal in life. I don't plan to wait, but if I end up waiting, it will be worth the wait. As in nearly everything, accomplishing something is not entirely within the scope of my own actions. I also don't plan to rashly push when waiting is wiser for realizing this goal.

So, I act and wait, wait and act. I do a delicate dance. I learn to read life as it happens and perform the dance of the wise.

No comments: