Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Snipe - snipe


Someone today found out that I had a linguistic background and actually very sarcastically asked for an "expert" analysis of a sentence used in a power point. He didn't hear the analysis he wanted or thought he would get. He piped down after that.

Life brings those unexpected moments on a fairly regular basis. Last week and again today someone crossed the line and wanted to frame me in a rather unflattering light. I guess the person didn't expect a backlash from doing that. Wrong - I can play point/counterpoint if engaged.

Just to think that I really try to be a peace-loving person. Too edgy? Perhaps, but being on the battlefield makes a person a little keener in developing those self-preservation instincts. Survival of the fittest is the law of the wild. I will be back in the tame environment away from the battlefield in a few short days. I truly hope no more targeted shots come my way... but if they do, I'm not planning to take any prisoners.

No comments: